Other Uses for Snapit
The Snapit was originally invented for fixing eye wear but we believe other industries could benefit from using the same technology. Please see an outline below of the Snapit:
What is it?
A stainless steel (or other) screw (or bolt) with patented feeder tab which is snapped off when the screw is in place.
Where is it used?
- Hand assembly of 2 or more components where the fix goes through all the compartments.
- Small or fiddly assemblies - much success in glasses industries.
- Domestic or commercial.
- Repairs or first-fix.
Key Features and their Benefits:
- Temporarily increase body of screw so easier to handle.
- Self aligns so easier to thread.
- Feeder tab help keeps components aligned before screw is engaged.
- Especially useful if re-tapping thread.
The image below shows some of the advantages and potential applications in other industries.